Hedgehogs

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I am 30!

Yesterday was one of the most wonderful days ever!  I went to bed the night of the 2nd afraid that I would awake and look different...OLD!  I stayed awake until midnight...looked over at Shane and said "Do I look old?"  This is day I used to look forward to...I had 3 kids and 2 surrokids..I SHOULD be 30:)  I fell asleep excited about what the day ahead would bring...I had no idea what was in store.  I have never been the kind of girl to want a huge party with extravagant gifts..I just want to feel loved and thought of.  By 9:00am, I had already received 5 texts and like 100 facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday.  My hubby made a wonderful pot of coffee and had card #1 waiting for me;)  I got lots of birthday hugs and kisses from my kiddos and then they were off to school.  I heard my phone beep and saw that I had a text from my favorite IM...She had sent me 2 attachments, both pictures of the babies, wishing me a happy birthday.  Well that was enough for me...Nothing could make me happier than hearing from my Ip's and knowing that they thought of me on my birthday.  Oh wait, something else could make me feel better and did--my IM called me!!  This is the first time I have actually talked to her since Houston.  She was so sweet and sounded surprisingly energetic, considering her new full-time job of raising twins:)  She filled me in on how everyone was doing and I was over the moon...I felt so loved at that moment, I literally floated the rest of the day.  I went and had a mani/pedi, talked with a few friends and had the best lunch at "Famous Daves"...I went home and found a beautiful bouquet of flowers w/ a teddy bear, candy and a note..it was from E & SI literally couldn't contain myself...all of these sweet gestures added up to such a feeling of elation and joy!  

Later that day, I had a great party with my family and friends and received some wonderful gifts, a great cake and balloons, my favorite!  I was officially older but felt SOO much better.  I am not proud of every part of my 20's but for the most part I feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment and pride.  I have stayed in love with my husband for 10 years..I have given birth to 3 beautiful children and helped 2 more beauties enter into the world an create a family!  If I do anything else in this life, it will just be the icing on the cake.  Thank you Shane for making my day so special..to my kids for making me feel so young...to E & S for making me feel invaluable.  I love you all-
 Flowers:)

 Cake..Peace
 Hubby..after a couple drinks:)))
 me and my sis
 Me and my Momma
From Brennan and Hudson:)))

1 comment: